Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Word of God: Speak Peace to Me

                                             by permission www.freedigitalphotos.come


I wonder how many words I spoke today. I wonder how many words I heard today. I worked a 13 hour day today and in thirty minute drive home tonight, the silence was comforting. It was a place where I sought to throw all my unrest, self doubt, questions, worry, and fatigue at the feet of Jesus. It was a place where I felt poured out and spent after a long day.

I've been staring at a blank page for chapter 17 of Lena's Courage for several days now, wondering if I'll find words for it.

The scripture for our worship meeting tonight was Phillipians 1: 3-6:  "I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always in every prayer with joy, because of your partnership in the gospel form the first day until now. And I am sure of this that he who began a good work in you  will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ."

Sigh. Less of me. More of you God.

As I meditated on the day, I flipped the radio on when Mercy Me came on:



John 1:1: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

NaNo: zero words today. God: one word--"peace".

                                                          by permission www.freedigitalphotos.com

Good night. Peace.

4 comments:

  1. So true, Anne. And I love that song too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah. Hope it brought you a measure of peace today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can we retreat to the picture above? That just SCREAMS writer retreat!

    ReplyDelete