Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The January Challenge: 10,000 in 31 days

My CP was maxing out on her 2nd trimester brain drain during NaNoWriMo. So, she decided to work for the January Challenge instead: 10,000 words in 31 days.

           by permission: www.freedigitalphotos.net
                                           
I'm all in! Let's go girl!

And just like NaNo, I'm "ramping up" in December. So, I'm starting a little early, but 31 days is 31 days right? The more words, the better.

Totals:
October "ramp up":                9,444
November NaNo total:         10,983
December "ramp up":             5,044
January 1:                                1,347
January 3:                                2, 233
January 4:                                   635
January 5:                                   423
January 6:                                   405
January 7:    drum roll please,  4,343!!!   I love coffee and prayers from friends!!!
January 8:                                 1,130
January 14:                               1,252---January total: 11,768!!



Anyone else care to join the challenge, take up your keyboard and follow us! Post your totals for fun, and good luck. Let the races begin!
(the only sure thing to slow me down--are taxes and FAFSA forms!)

by permission: www.freedigitalphotos.net

6 comments:

  1. Taxes schmaxes. We have til April 15th right??? :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne, good for you! I'm cheering you on from the bliss of meeting my deadline and *not* working for a little while...until the editorial letter comes. :-) But the New Year is a great time to start a writing push.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rosslyn! I'll be watching for your new book. I enjoyed the first in the series!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go, Anne! You'll get there! Love your former post, too:) Especially the "sprawling" part! Praying for you as you write...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh thank you Laura, how encouraging. :o) I'd love to hear what project you're working on right now. Hope it's going well and you had a great family holiday.

    ReplyDelete