Sunday, March 18, 2012

Launching & New Beginnings

Posies & Petals GC by lubsy1uk

Posies & Petals GC, a photo by lubsy1uk on Flickr.

Spring has sprung in our neck of the woods here in Indiana. The daffodils are blooming and the pond frogs are singing--and my oldest daughter is preparing for graduation. The blog-front will be quieter for the next several months until we launch her and the open house is over in June. My heart is full and brimming as I think of the blessings of these last 18 years, and I can see that the launching is not really an end, but a beginning!

My writing goals are sitting on the back burner for now. I plan to critique my crit partner's latest chapters, and finish plotting out the last half of my book. Once my daughter graduates and begins her summer job, I'll be able to pick up my writing and look toward the Fall and ACFW conference in Dallas. I'd love to have the last half of my current WIP completed by then. So, as my 16 year old gets his license and my 18 year old daughter jumps from the nest to stretch her wings, my hope is that writing may help fill my moments. 

Happy Spring time to all. I pray your endings are only the start of great beginnings!

What are your new beginnings?  Writing goals? 

2 comments:

  1. I struggle with these endings. Second Son will, of course, graduate with your daughter. Very hard on this mother, I'll tell you. You're right; it is a new beginning, but I feel the sadness for a time.

    We really do need to have coffee to discuss this (and other) issues. So enjoyed meeting you and your husband this weekend at that fabulous musical. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bittersweet ambivalence....the pain and the joy entwined...yes, coffee!! :o)

    ReplyDelete